St Michael's exists to worship God in a loving environment where people of all backgrounds may grow in the Christian faith, share the love of Jesus through their talents, and help bring the Gospel message to a fallen world.
St Michael's offers traditional Anglican services based on the 1928 Book of Common Prayer and supplemented by the American Missal. The faith taught is that of the United Church of the first millennium as received from the Church in England.
As an Anglican Parish we hold to:
1. The Primacy of Holy Scriptures
2. The Three Catholic Creeds commonly known as The Apostles Creed, The Nicene Creed and The Athanasian
3. The Seven Ecumenical Councils
St. Michaels offers its members and guests the ability to practice a sacramental life through:
* Morning and Evening Prayer
* Bible Study
* Christian Formation Classes and Sunday School
* Prayer Group and Fellowship time
* Outreach ministries
All culminating in and revolving around the Holy Eucharist, the very foundation of our Christian life, where "faith alone, when sight forsaketh, shows true hearts the mystery."
Our Services use:
* The King James Bible
* The 1928 Book of Common Prayer
* The 1940 Hymnal
* The American Missal
* The English Office
* The English Hymnal
St. Michael's Anglican Church
1489 Old Bethel Church Road
Winchester, VA 22603
Copyright © 2019 - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Website Builder